It’s now the end of the first month into the new year, but I thought I’d share a few random things about my life, since it’s now 2017.
- I hold two citizenships.
- I’m left-handed (from a family of left-handers), but I’m also ambidextrous with most tasks.
- I speak French.
- I love creating things.
- I’m not so great at following patterns or directions. I normally vary something or other.
- I have several recipes memorized, and never really measure ingredients in my cooking.
- I love to read.
- I worry a lot about a lot of things.
- I’m a former teacher, but struggle with numbers and math, so that was always the stressful part of my day- teaching the math lesson. I was always happy to have that done and move on to something that I felt more confidence in. (My teaching philosophy doesn’t include keeping secrets from my students. I didn’t try to hide that I struggle with numbers, but I did try to share that math is very important for life, and that there are ways to make it fun.)
- I dabble in painting art, mostly still-life or landscapes.
- I did a lot of odd jobs when I was in college, yard work, house cleaning, book repair, secretarial and reception work, retail, food service, day care and tourism. I still use many of those skills in every day life now.
- I don’t like Sci-fi.
- I don’t like action movies. I grew up watching westerns and WWII movies, but most of them had violence, but not as much as most current movies have. And now sometimes if I see a movie I used to like, I’ve discovered that my thresh-hold for action has significantly lowered in the last ten years.
- I don’t like roller-coasters or other theme park rides- other than the really kiddie ones that don’t really jerk you around. I have a neck injury and my back is very sensitive to jolts and jostles. But I’ve never really liked them before my injury.
- I bruise easily. (As a child, my legs were always covered in black and blue patches…)
- I like to find frugal ways to shop, cook and furnish our home.
- I can’t whistle.
There you go. Seventeen random things about me. Some of them you’ve probably noticed. Some others may be new.
What are some random things about you?