Thank you so much, Shaz at Sure Scribbles for nominating me for the Liebster award.
I had no idea what this meant. So I googled it. I found this blog, that lists the general rules. Go there to see the full explanation.
- This award is given from one blogger to another blogger and a way to encourage them.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing…
- The award is similar to the principles of a chain letter, with the choice to accept it and pay it forward to to refuse to accept it and stop the chain.
- Often the expectations are to write a post with a short Q&A about themselves, answer any questions the tagger asked, create new questions for nominees and choose some nominees to award and notify them.
So I guess I’ll do my best (over a month late… you can see the reason why in this post)
1) I am wife to Steven and daughter of God.
2) I am can be very emotional/sensitive, but not always thoughtful of others.
3) I love kids and used to be a christian school teacher. I miss the interaction with kids. But am thankful for the opportunities to teach Sunday School.
4) I am a born-again Christian. I believe the Bible.
5) I enjoy reading and writing.
6) I am shop only occasionally and prefer thrift stores to retail.
7) I love being with friends and family, but don’t get to see some people very often, so when I do see them I want to cherish each moment.
8) I love to take care of my husband, and I’ve very thankful for him.
9) I care about supporting women to know how to live for God. I care about modesty and learning more about God and living for Him. (side note, this blog, has been a blessing to me recently.)
10) I love to cook for my husband, but don’t always have the energy to do it every day.
11) I love sewing (quilting), music, gardening, creating, painting, drawing and repairing books.
Questions I had to answer:
1) What is your overall life goal? To honour and serve God and work to become more like Christ.
2) If you have a really bad day, what’s the one thing that can brighten it up? Make a list of my blessings and pray.
3) When did you catch the travel bug,if you love travelling? I guess I’ve always loved travelling, seeing new places and having adventures. My first overseas trip was to the Ivory Coast when I was fifteen. I lost some of the “get-up and go” a few years ago with a chronic illness. I do struggle now with energy, so travelling is harder for me, but I do still enjoy seeing new places. Just have to adjust with taking things at a slower pace.
4) What’s the one thing you cannot travel without? My husband. 🙂
5) What’s the worst thing that has ever happened to you on a trip? I got malaria and had to travel while still sick.
6) Do you have a memorable (cultural) experience? Becoming a Canadian Citizen.
7) Have you been somewhere that turned out to be completely different to what you imagined? Moving to Australia
8) Is there something you do (routine etc.) when away from home that you wouldn’t do otherwise? When we’re home, we try to leave our phones out in our living room rather than in our bedroom. So when we travel the phones end up in our room.
10) Which comforts of home do you miss most when on the road? From a recent trip, the comforts of our own car. We are spoiled with our car, and hadn’t realized how much we like the features such as our GPS maps and the backing camera when we used a borrowed car recently.
11) If you could do anything to make this world a bit better, what would it be? To tell others that God’s word is true, that He is in control and that He provided a way for us to live and trust in Him. John 3:16. That despite all the pain and sorrow, God is working out His plan.
Thank again Shaz for the nomination.